Buying a used car is always believed to be a risk, but you can turn that around. The fact remains that the older the car, the bigger the risk for something to go wrong. However, there are certain things you can check to increase your chances of getting the best used Audi Car out there. In a nutshell, if you want to cut the risk you need to find a car with a great service history. Not just that, read on to find out more.
3 Tips To Buy The Best Used Audi Car
Below are some tips that would come in handy if you want to get the best Audi car out there.
- Inspect the interior of the car. The general condition of the car’s interior will show you how well the car was looked after. The condition of the pedals, the steering wheel, and the shift lever will show just how much the car has been used.
- Examine the exterior of the car for rust. The thing with rust is that it tends to spread. With time, if rust is not attended to, even the smallest of spots can grow into an expensive problem.
- Check the VIN of the car and get a full history report with EpicVin. There is so much information that you can get from an Audi VIN decoder. With it, you will know the real number of owners that have used the car and whether it has been used as a company or private car. It will show the real mileage, history of accidents, and other vital information. You can get a detailed car history report from the Audi VIN decoder for free.
What You Should Know Before Buying Used Audi
First things first, Audi is a luxury car that comes at a good price. It’s a prestige brand and a very close competitor of BMW and Mercedes. They produce elegantly designed and well-manufactured vehicles with the latest and greatest technological and safety features. Audi does all these with high-quality materials and solutions for the interior and exterior.
As a result of the above, it makes the lowest costing Audis relatively expensive, it’s a luxury vehicle you know. Interestingly, used Audis seem quite affordable and budget friendly. Provided you see one with a good history, a used Audi is the perfect used car to purchase.
There are quite a few drawbacks. One of such is that it is expensive to repair. However, the price for maintenance is reasonable. With good maintenance, there would be no need for repairs. Therefore, it is a great car overall.
Most Common Problems with Used Audi Cars
Audi brand is popular with businesses and as a result, many Audis start as company cars. Before purchasing a used Audi be sure to check its history to know if it was properly taken care of. Just like other car brands, Audi has a couple of common mechanical problems. Most of these problems are a function of age and maintenance. Let’s take a look at them below:
- Oil leaks. Two parts are known to have oil leaks. The valve cover gasket and camshaft tensioner. For this, the best solution is to change those parts.
- Exhaust leak. Audis have a flexible plastic part in their exhaust system. Over time plastic becomes weak and leaks can occur. For this also, the solution is to change the part.
- Issues with electrical components. The common problem occurs with the display of digital dashboards or consoles. Timely maintenance prevents this.
- Problems with ignition coil or spark plug. Minor problems with the ignition coil are one of the most common of Audi’s mechanical problems. The issue is more of an annoyance than something serious. This is easily solved by changing the spark plugs for a good quality alternative.
Most Popular Audi Models
When considering buying good conditioned used Audi cars, you might want to go for the popular great models. Some of the most popular Audi models include:
The Audi A4 is a compact executive sedan. The Audi A4 is Audi’s best-selling vehicle. Not just that, it is also one of the best-selling cars in a very competitive segment. Audi A4 is a luxury car that feels like one. With an exterior design that is smooth and clean, made with style and practicality in mind.
Every detail is manufactured to lessen air resistance. It has the lowest air resistance in the A class. Getting into the interior, it is done superbly and with the best quality materials only. The driving experience is very smooth as the control is great.
This is a Mid-sized luxury sedan. The Audi A6 comes with a finely designed and manufactured interior with plenty of space for passengers. Audi A6 has been certified to be very safe, as it hit the highest crash-test scores with plenty of innovative safety features. Smooth handling and grip and overall excellent driving dynamics.
The Audi R8 is both a supercar and an exotic sports car that you can drive every day of the week. It comes with an engine that has a great sound whether you’re going fast or slow. As expected, the exterior design is unique and sets it apart from other supercars. It is one of the best in its class.
Audi VIN Decoder
The best and most reliable way to check a used car is to decode the Audi VIN number. A VIN decoder for Audi cars will give you the car history report. With a report in your hands, you will know what you are buying and make the best decision.
A proper VIN check will answer a lot of questions about the car you want to buy. Some of the questions this will answer include:
- Whether the odometer is showing real mileage
- If it was used as a company or rental car
- The number of previous owners.
- The number of accidents if any and sustained damage.
Ensure you use an Audi VIN decoder before making any purchasing decision.